Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Ignorance is rarely bliss...

This is a truth made glaringly apparent by my last post. Jill was kind enough to point out that I was in error about Sam Braxton not riding a bike, so I went to read up on the man. After riding his namesake trail yesterday and then learning about his life, I thought I would share a bit of it here.

Sam Braxton was a Missoula area adventurer, in the true sense of the word. Outdoorsman, skier, mountain biker, and a huge proponent of bicycle touring. In addition to excelling in all these activities, he also built custom bicycle frames and ran a small shop catering to the adventure cycling crowd, inspiring and equipping many others for their own cross country endeavors. Sam Braxton died in 1988 at the age of 62 after a yearlong battle with cancer.

Sorry, Sam. I had no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment