Monday, June 20, 2011

A thing with feathers...

It has been dark, cloudy and raining. For 7 straight days. I managed to tweak a knee on a 3.5 mile night run and have been hiding out behind ice packs and ACE bandage. Starting to feel better. Tomorrow is supposed to be 80 degrees and sunny. If I can walk, the kids and I should be out and about on some adventure or other. One can hope.

Have been following the progress of the annual Tour Divide Race. An epic race this year made even more epic due to the lingering snowpack and unstable weather. 100 degree heat in New Mexico for the NoBo folks, and 3-8" of snow forecast today for those in Colorado. Oh to be on a bike with 2,750 miles to cover... THAT kind of suffering I can deal with. One day I fully plan on it. For now, I'll stare at blue dots and refresh the forum page with live discussion compulsively.

Good luck and godspeed to all the TDR riders out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment